SubjectRe: Figured you should probably know this...

Hi,
some people seem to have doubted my description of "an angry penguin
charging at you in excess of 100 mph". Doubt no more,

Linus

PS. Fairy penguins are _small_. Like less than 2 feet tall and weighing in
at a whopping 2 pounds. The thought of a mob of angry fairy penguins
mauling tourists fairly boggles the mind..

---
On Thu, 13 Nov 1997, Andrew Humphrey wrote:

> Howdy,
>
> Seeing as you are the ``owner'' of a penguin at some zoo somewhere or
> other I figured that this was important information that you should probably
> be made aware of. If you ever go visit it, I suggest you remember the
> minimum safe distance :-)
>

> > The following is an extract from
> >
> > http://www.bigbenpublishing.com.au/victoria/info_animals.html
> >
> > Fairy Penguins
> >
> > Although it's not widely reported for fear of jeopardising tourism, fairy
> > penguins have developed some very antisocial behaviour as a result of
> > continuous close contact with humans.
> >
> > Their sensitivity to photographic flashes has long been known. In recent
> > years there have been isolated attacks where an unsuspecting tourist was
> > mauled by half a dozen or more fairy penguins after using a flash gun to
> > photograph them at dusk.
> >
> > While they may be flightless, during such attacks they have been seen to
> > jump as far as three metres to pounce on their victim. Beware penguins with
> > attitudes!!!
> >

> Cheers,
> Andrew Humphrey
> andrew@bofh.asn.au

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:40    [W:0.107 / U:1.464 seconds]