SubjectRe: knfsd and system crashes
Date
> The intent is to do a fast lookup based on the dentry most of the time,
> but to be able to fall back to the unfsd-style volume search if
> necessary. So to the extent that inode numbers are a reasonably

The "volume search" however is going to kick in all the time on a very
loaded NFS server, exactly when it isnt desirable.

> permanent representation of a file, following a server crash the old
> client filehandles could still be looked up, but more slowly.

Since you have the parent inode, surely we can use that and a faked /proc
path of

/proc/dev/08:13/parent-inode/filename

in such cases

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:40    [W:0.090 / U:0.252 seconds]