SubjectRe: About the PS/2 HD LED
On Tue, 21 Oct 1997, David J. Weis wrote:

> If you're curious, /proc/mca/machine has the model and submodel in it.
> This is supposed to just happen on a 95 with the lcd display, but there
> are about 4 versions of the 95 with different submodels I've heard. I'll
> make sure chris gets a copy of this.

In OS/2, the LED on the LCD display is an optional feature of the
IBM2SCSI.ADD driver with the /LED option. IMHO, it would seem sensible to
make this so in Linux as well.

AFAIK, all models 95 have a normal LED as well as the LCD panel. In any
case, I don't think it would harm to try to drive the normal PS/2 HD LED
in addition to the LCD panel on a 95. The additional code for the LCD
panel could be activated with a bootprompt paramter.

BTW, if information about machine types, models and submodels is needed, I
can dig up some information about them at work. Let me know if this would
be appreciated.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:40    [W:0.187 / U:0.536 seconds]