SubjectRe: [patch] 2.1.60: quotas and sound (and nvram)

> Oh, and about the reluctancy on including the quota fixes into the
> mainstream kernel, is this because Linus doesn't use quota or is quota
> broken anyways? I remember some weeks ago someone posted that there
> are a few problems with the quota code, I imagine that's a more
> possible reason to force others into looking at that code.. :)

Someone found a weird hash case a few months ago in which quota would
record double utilization for certain UID's on certain device
numbers... anyone know if the patch for this make it into either
kernel series?

Adam
--
Things look so bad everywhere Adam D. Bradley artdodge@cs.bu.edu
In this whole world what is fair Boston University Computer Science

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:40    [W:0.063 / U:0.404 seconds]