SubjectMy .procmailrc and .muttrc (snippets)
Since I've gotten some questions about my e-mail set-up, instead of
individually replying, I'll just post snippets of the files involved:

The following procmail cookie will stick all linux-kernel digests into
"linux-kernel" and formail splits the messages up for you automagically:

.procmailrc:

:0:
* ^TOlinux-kernel
| formail +1 -dns >>linux-kernel
-snip---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mutt, as a mailer, has real nice features in regards to numerous mail folders
and letting you know when there is new mail in them.

ftp.cs.hmc.edu:/pub/me/mutt

.muttrc:

mailboxes +linux-kernel +linux-lmp +linux-msdos +texasflood +redhat-announce +re
dhat-mustang

So whenever I get mail in any of those, mutt lets me know and I just read them
like normal messages.

Sorry if this is 'too elementary' or 'offtopic' for them.. a lot of people
wanted to know and it really does come in handy once you start playing with
procmail and friends.

--
Which is worse: ignorance or apathy? Who knows? Who cares?
IBM: It may be slow, but at least it's expensive.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:40    [W:0.020 / U:0.564 seconds]