SubjectHow do I debug kernel MEMORY LEAKS?
Date
Hi all,

I am trying to figure out how to debug a memory leak. I know what file
the problem is coming from (a networking module that I wrote that caches
skbuffs), but I can't tell what I did wrong. I found the
<shift-scrollock> method of dumping the mem info. [btw, why is this
different than the info from /proc/meminfo?]. What do the regulars do
to get even more info about what is going on?

I think I need to find good documentation (even if it is reading the
source, at last resort) on how to treat skbuffs and the context and
meanings of the different flags, since I am probably not setting the
buffer up correctly for it to be released by the protocol stack after it
is sent. Does this exist anywhere?

Thanks!

Brian

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:40    [W:0.047 / U:0.628 seconds]