SubjectADMIN: linux-kernel-digest/linux-kernel
Hello,

Now that we have a reasonable percentage of the list back
online, here's a quick recap for those who are still wondering what
was going on: First, someone on the kernel-digest list was feeding
back to the linux-kernel list, causing the big mail storm last week.
Then, the linux-kernel list was truncated, which is why everyone had
to resubscribe. Sorry for the inconvenience on both counts.

Also, if you're using the linux-kernel list, I would like to
remind/notify you of the existance of the linux-kernel-digest list,
which carries the same content as the kernel lists in digest format
(usually a few messages daily). All readers of linux-kernel should
consider subscribing instead to linux-kernel-digest if possible; the
digest list takes up a lot less CPU cycles to send out, which means
overall lower latency through vger. You will still be able to post to
the linux-kernel list if you are subscribed to the digest.

thank you,

todd j. derr
owner-linux-kernel/kernel-digest@vger.rutgers.edu

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:40    [W:0.521 / U:0.012 seconds]