    SubjectRe: wierd problem with 'make dep'
    Ralf Baechle wrote:
    > There is another bug in mkdep. mkdep mmap(2) the file to work on. The
    > algorithem it uses may access upto 6 bytes beyond the end of the mapped
    > file. If those 6 bytes happen to be on the following page, the kernel
    > will send mkdep into the kingdom of happy signals. This however only
    > happens for more strictly standard conforming implementations of mmap
    > (like when crosscompiling on Solaris or IRIX); by my interpretation
    > Linux's isn't.

    Hi Ralf,
    Are you saying the Linux mmap implementation needs to be fixed to
    conform with the expected standards? If so, if you can give me a
    pointer to where the behavior is incorrect I'll take a look at the code.

    Regards,
    Bill

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:40    [W:0.018 / U:3.292 seconds]