    SubjectRe: Mono monitor support?
    On Mon, 13 Oct 1997, Dave Wreski wrote:

    > > dave@nic.com said:

    [ snip ]

    > > I have had getty running on the mono screen, with tty1-3 on the VGA and 4-6
    > > on the mono. If you want that, go for GGI.
    >
    > I had the mono monitor running X a few years back, in conjunction with my
    > Trident 8900D, just as an exercise. Now I have a Matrox, and I understand it
    > may be possible to run another SVGA card in conjunction with that.

    Should be *possible*, although the GGI Matrox Millenium driver is
    newish and I don't think it can run MMIO-only yet, which is necessary for
    multiheading. Right now, the only SVGA-SVGA multiheading we have working
    is between any number of S3 cards and any one other card, but that should
    change very soon as the other drivers mature.

    > GGI isn't a finished product yet, correct?

    No. We are still alpha, although a lot works already.

    > Is it a user-level program, or does
    > it require kernel patching?

    LibGGI can run without the kernel patch in a window in X by
    setting its display target to X instead of the kernel. You aren't going
    to get multiheading without the kernel patch and drivers, however.

    Jon

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:40    [W:0.019 / U:153.844 seconds]