SubjectRe: Using sys_open() in a module
Date
>      I'm trying to write a module which uses sys_open() to read from a
> configuration file. Strangely enough, it doesn't seem to be able to

This is a very bad idea - suppose the user wants to move the configuration
file location. Better to put the parsing of the configuration file into
parameters in user space and pass arguments to insmod

> and I'm trying to open it just for reading. Is there any weird
> semantics to using sys_open() from a module that I should be aware of?

Yes. sys_open takes its path name from user space. If you must do this
get the latest DaveM snapshot and look in the sound directory at the
firmware loading routines

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:40    [W:0.050 / U:5.316 seconds]