SubjectRe: Disk cacheing in 2.1.57
> yuri mironoff wrote:
>
> > Do you mean the dentry table doesn't expand dynamically at this point?
>
> No, dentries can expand dynamically without limit. But in order to
> snip
> It's this process that needs tuning -- selecting which dentries and
> inodes to free.

Hmm... I guess the question on my mind (and perhaps others') is, what
"broke" the caching algorithm between, then and now? And shouldn't it be
trivial to reinstate the old, presumably better behavior?

Regards,
Chris
--
Christopher Powell Brick and Ivy Corporate Consulting
powell@brickandivy.com http://www.brickandivy.com/

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans