SubjectRE: too much untested code in new kernels
Date
>Perhaps if the developers themselves do not have the time to go through
>their own code or test it, a team of Linux dev testers could be formed?
>The idea would be to stress, in particular, those sections of the kernel
>that had been changed, rather than to attempt to use the kernel for
>general use.

Perhaps we should think about developing a standard set of regression
tests that stress and verify parts of the kernel? The tests could be run when
at night when people are sleeping or whenever they have some spare CPU
cycles.

-mike

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:38    [W:0.139 / U:2.372 seconds]