SubjectRe: DOOM sound bug workaround
On Fri, 3 Jan 1997, Steve VanDevender wrote:

> linux: Sound: DMA (output) timed out - IRQ/DRQ config error?

This message is usually not related to a DMA error, but to an incorrect
IRQ setting for a sound card. (E.G. Sound Blaster Pro was set for IRQ 7 as
a default, where the latter SBPro II was set to 5) I suggest you pull open
your box and take a look at your sound card jumpers. If this is a PnP
device, the IRQ is software set, and I have no idea how to toggle the
PnP settings, you may find help with the PnP Patches available on
ftp.redhat.com if this is the case, or www.4front-tech.com
(USS/OSS/TASD,etc).

- Neptho T.
Neptho T. Hackman The thing that separates men from animals is that
The Prince of Perversia we don't use our tongues to clean our own genitals
neptho@fucking.bored.com A. J. Rimmer
Systems Administrator - System Programmer - Security Consultant - Unix Demigod

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:38    [W:0.058 / U:5.568 seconds]