    SubjectRe: Encrypted filesystem
    Stephan Meyer wrote:
    > I live in Munich, Germany.

    Mmm, the last thing I heard, the German Govt. was talking about adopting the
    French laws on Crypto.. Did anything come of this?

    > It's my understanding that the IDEA algorithm is copyrighted, but free to
    > use for noncommercial applications. Is that right? That way, we probably
    > couldn't include something like that in the kernel source tree.
    > Is there a strong but secure algorithm? (I do not trust DES :)

    What about Blowfish? Schnier's algorithm is free for any use:

    > Please excuse, if this sounds like newbie-sh*t. I would be willing to
    > invest a considerable amount of work into a *secure* non-DES filesystem.

    Would you be providing it as a patch against 2.0.xx or 2.1.xx or BOTH?

    [ For those that prefer FTP --- ]

     \ /
      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:38    [W:0.018 / U:8.596 seconds]