    SubjectEncrypted filesystem
    Because of inane U.S. export restrictions, cryptographic software can't be
    exported from the United States. This is the main reason we don't have
    cryptographic filesystem support in the kernel, I understand, particularly
    since Linus will be moving to the U.S. soon.

    Has anyone outside the U.S. pondered keeping an up-to-date set of patches
    available on a non-U.S. FTP site? I have some patches, but they fail when
    applied to the newer kernels. I can change them for myself, but for
    everyone else I can't do anything since I'm in the U.S.

    "Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold. Mere anarchy is loosed upon the
    world; The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere the ceremony of
    innocence is drowned; The best lack all conviction, while the worst are full
    of passionate intensity." -- "Second Coming" by Yeats.

     \ /
      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:38    [W:0.027 / U:0.152 seconds]