    SubjectRe: Async IO
    Date
    In article <5cpam4$v6a@palladium.transmeta.com> hpa@transmeta.com (H. Peter Anvin) writes:

    > We probably should create a couple of more signals... SIGUNUSED (31)
    > is still available, SIGLOST (29) is commented out, signal number 0 is
    > unused, and SIGPWR (30) basically only makes sense to init(8). I
    > would suggest creating a SIGTHREAD reserved for Linuxthreads; that way
    > it wouldn't have to eat up a user signal...

    LinuxThreads requires two signals. And if somebody (for Linux-2.0
    compatibility) wants to write the POSIX.1b signal emulation using
    message queues we need another symbol.

    Sooo, we need two people/groups. One writing the emulation of
    POSIX.1b signals using 1 signal and the other group who writes
    POSIX.1b signals for the kernel. I already have quite some code for
    the AIO implementation in user level so that it should be possible to
    use it as soon as the signals are available.

    --
    -- Uli
    ---------------. drepper@cygnus.com ,-. Rubensstrasse 5

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:38    [W:0.019 / U:0.176 seconds]