    SubjectRe: Ftape w/ new TR-3EX tapes
    Mike Wangsmo <wanger@mcn.net> writes:

    > Is anybody working on modifying the Ftape driver for the tavern tape
    > drives to recognize the new TR-3EX tapes? They are _supposedly_
    > compatable with the regular TR-3 tapes, but ftape doesn't like them.
    >
    > They are a 2.2/4.4G tape that works with the standard T3000 type floppy
    > tape drives.

    Hi!

    There were some notes about these TR-3EX tapes on the linx-tape
    mailing list recently. Could you please specify the problems a bit
    more precise? What I need to know about is

    1) The version of ftape you were trying to use
    2) The messages the ftape driver writes to the kernel
    log. Specifically if it complains about an unknown header segment
    format or something like this.

    Also, if you were trying to use ftape-3.02 with the zftape frontend
    then you were out of luck because there are some problems with signed
    32bit integers. I'm fixing it but it will take some more days until
    the next version of ftape is ready

    Best regards

    Claus

    --