    SubjectRe: Adaptec AHA2940

    On Fri, 3 Jan 1997, Steffen Grunewald wrote:

    > "Bjarni R. Einarsson writes"
    > |>
    > |> I had troubles with an AHA-2940 myself, using linux 2.0.21. The computer
    > |> would lock up real tight after about 1 minute of heavy disk access. I had
    > |> to do a hard reboot to get the machine up and running again. Switching to
    > |> 2.0.25 & 2.0.26 did not help.
    > |>
    > |> Researching mailing list archives gave me the following clues:
    > |>
    > |> 1. AHA-2940 doesn't like Trident video adapters.
    > |> 2. AHA-2940 wants to be in PCI slot #1.
    > |>
    > |> Basically the card seems pretty sensitive.. tip #2 solved my problem.
    > |> Merely pulling the card out and moving it to another slot was what solved
    > |> my problem. :-/
    > |>
    > And if you read the manual, you find it mentioned that every other choice
    > will cause problems. So there's no Linux related content - you would see
    > very strange behaviour under Win 3.1 too (had to read the FM myself some
    > weeks ago - same thing).

    Did the manual mentionned how we can install 2 boards on a single main
    board with a single PCI bus, so in the same PCI slot ?
    Is a hammer enough or must we use a power hammer?

    Or perhaps, Adaptec just assume that their boards are so expensive or
    work so bad than people will never buy a second one?

    Gerard.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:38    [W:0.019 / U:1.060 seconds]