    SubjectRe: Small fixes for 2.1.23
    On Sun, 26 Jan 1997, Trevor Johnson wrote:

    > Thanks; with your patches, the sound module compiles for me with only this
    > one warning:
    > soundcard.c:330: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type

    Hmm.. I thought I had taken care of it. I should have been more
    careful.. in fact, the thing will crash if somebody uses select/poll on a
    sound device. In other words, don't use it for recording, or even better,
    use only the mixer.

    The fix isn't very obvious this time, and there is a lot to be done, so
    I'll let Hannu redesign it (if he so chooses). The function a driver has
    to provide for polling has changed its parameters (hence the warning), and
    with just a couple of examples and no inner knowledge of how the sound
    driver works... it would be tough for me to rewrite it. Especially that
    internally it calls another 3 sub-polls for each sound subsystem and each
    of those has to be rewritten as well.

    It is better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool,
    than to open it and remove all doubt.

     \ /
      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:38    [W:0.016 / U:13.876 seconds]