SubjectRe: If Linux is to succeed
Date
In article
<Pine.HPP.3.91.970124092619.5740B-100000@gaia.ecs.csus.edu>,
"Jon M. Taylor" <taylorj@ecs.csus.edu> wrote:

>> >Sorry for the waste of bandwidth but the subject is
>> >the most important one facing Linux, and it has been
>> >mentioned on the list.
>>
>> I second the motion to have a separate list for Linux advocacy
>> ("linux-future");
>
> Count me in, too. Lots of people, myself included, occasionally
>want to discuss 'where Linux is/will/should be going' type topics, and
>they do have a place, but that place is not linux-kernel. Linux-kernel
>is huge enough just with the appropriate technical discussions |->.

For all those, who want to advocate Linux: Why not "contributing" to
comp.os.linux.advocacy or comp.os.ms-windows.nt.advocacy.

Currently, there are some interesting threads running ("Linux/UNIX vs.
NT") for example.

IMHO, open a new mailing list for advocacy stuff, doesn't make much
sense. There are already quite a few newsgroups for this kind of
discussions

--
# /AS/ #
# http://members.ping.at/alexa/ God save the screen ! #

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:38    [W:0.112 / U:0.088 seconds]