    SubjectIf Linux is to succeed

    Sorry for the waste of bandwidth but the subject is
    the most important one facing Linux, and it has been
    mentioned on the list.

    Linux needs applications to succeed in business. No question
    about it. Not the pathetic Applix or buggy WordPerfect. Why is
    it that the Windows API has not been ported to Unix? Why not the
    Microsoft Foundation classes? Why not ActiveX/OLE/DCOM.

    The Linux community should also shed the notion that everything
    should be free. Prices should not be what they are for Sun or HP
    products (multi thousand dollars for a GUI painter) but should
    be similar to PC market prices. I know I am willing to spend some

    Microsoft operating systems are second rate. Everyone knows that.
    Microsoft applications and applications architectures are the very best.
    Everyone knows that too, and that is why they hold 90% of the market.

     \ /
      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:38    [W:0.022 / U:0.740 seconds]