SubjectRe: Good point of Linux over NT

hiya,

sorry about this, but I'm new to the list and kernel coding and such. I
was wondering where to get the listings of what the POSIXes
standards/directives/"Word Of POSIXs" at? I'd like to be able when some
quotes a part of the POSIX code to be able to look it up and see what it
is.

thanks,

jason

Jason Murdock | creature@injersey.com
psycho-at-large |
Member of the Linux Users Support Team and the Free Software Union
Projects: Game Programmer's Guide to Linux Library
"If we weren't all crazy, we would go insane" -- Jimmy Buffett

"Onward... TO MAYHEM!!" -- Milk and Cheeses

On Wed, 22 Jan 1997, Alan Cox wrote:

> > Hmm, clone() is the basis for kernel-threads, which can be used to
> > simulate async I/O (and sound like a more modern design), but does Linux
> > have a direct equivalent of SunOS/Solaris's aioread() and aiowrite() ?
> > That is, a way to queue a read() or a write() and have the call return
> > immediately.
>
> POSIX.4 covers asynchronous I/O operations. Its implementable by putting
> POSIX.4 signals into kernel space and using clone(). clone() is so
> fast that doing all the aio stuff in kernel is a lose

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:38    [W:0.052 / U:0.048 seconds]