SubjectRe: Mono terminal patches...
On Wed, 22 Jan 1997, David Woodhouse wrote:

->> > Does the code for running a tty on a mono monitor & card (as well as your
->> > honest and good colour one) live in the kernel source or are there a set
->> > of majik patches to grab from somewhere (if at all)..?
->>
->> Last time I looked, there were dualmon patches on sunsite somewhere. I
->> don't think they ever got integrated.
->
->They're a bit out of date. Given that our beloved engineering department
->took this week to giving away old Hercules monitors, and I already had
->such a card, I thought I'd load my box down with some more random
->hardware. I've updated mda (clumsily) to work with kernel 2.1.x
->It's at ftp://dwmw2.robinson.cam.ac.uk/pub/kernel/mda-2.1.tar.gz

A bit browsing rewealed this project:

Linkname: Multi-headed Linux
Filename: http://www.calyx.com/~bri/projects/debian/multimon.html

There you can find all patches which appeared so far for support of
multiple monitors, and the updated multi-mon patch for debianized
kernel 2.0.0

Filename:
http://www.calyx.com/~bri/projects/debian/patch-to-kernel-sourc
e-2.0.0-0.deb.diff.gz

it applies almost cleanly against regular kernel if you skip all debian
stuff, the only one problem is drivers/char/selection.c where are two
rejects. If I find some spare time (and nobody do it before me) I'll fix
it so that it applies cleanly against 2.0.28. Also, I have an bit more
recent release of the multi-mon patch than the one on which debian patch
was based on. It add support that one can use alt-<left,right>arrow to
change montors, some mouse bug fixes and some other stuff.

I have sutffed some of those stuff at ftp.cfar.umd.edu:/pub/adam if anyone
is interested.

-Adam

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:38    [W:0.076 / U:1.904 seconds]