    SubjectRe: Does linux locks swap file?
    Hi there,

    > Hmm... strange. I'm unable to replicate this behavior, and the space used
    > by the swapfile does _not_ get deallocated when the file is unlinked.
    > However, there is a (small) problem here: since the swapoff procedure is
    > filename-based and there is no way to reference an unlinked file by
    > filename, you can't swapoff that file.
    >
    > Correcting this problem implies changing the parameters for sys_swapoff,
    > which I definitely don't want to do.

    Couldn't /proc/swaps help in taking care of this? In the most horrible
    case, swapoff could just recreate the file pointing to the same inode, or
    do some other hack based on /proc/swaps' information...

    []
    Fabio
    ( Fabio Olive Leite leitinho@akira.ucpel.tche.br )
    ( Computer Science Student http://akira.ucpel.tche.br/~leitinho )
    ( )
    ( Running Linux is like running an Amiga; )
    ( It gives you that "I don't buy Microsoft" feeling... )

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:38    [W:0.019 / U:0.164 seconds]