    SubjectRe: Does linux locks swap file?
    Hi there,

    > Hmm... strange. I'm unable to replicate this behavior, and the space used
    > by the swapfile does _not_ get deallocated when the file is unlinked.
    > However, there is a (small) problem here: since the swapoff procedure is
    > filename-based and there is no way to reference an unlinked file by
    > filename, you can't swapoff that file.
    > Correcting this problem implies changing the parameters for sys_swapoff,
    > which I definitely don't want to do.

    Couldn't /proc/swaps help in taking care of this? In the most horrible
    case, swapoff could just recreate the file pointing to the same inode, or
    do some other hack based on /proc/swaps' information...

    ( Fabio Olive Leite )
    ( Computer Science Student )
    ( )
    ( Running Linux is like running an Amiga; )
    ( It gives you that "I don't buy Microsoft" feeling... )

     \ /
      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:38    [W:0.017 / U:6.288 seconds]