SubjectRe: Mono terminal patches...
On Mon, 20 Jan 1997, Philip Blundell wrote:

> On Mon, 20 Jan 1997, Steve Payne wrote:
>
> > Does the code for running a tty on a mono monitor & card (as well as your
> > honest and good colour one) live in the kernel source or are there a set
> > of majik patches to grab from somewhere (if at all)..?
>
> Last time I looked, there were dualmon patches on sunsite somewhere. I
> don't think they ever got integrated.
>
> Somebody ought to look into multiple displays in text mode one day, I
> suppose.

Someone is. The 'full' release of the GGI, which is being worked
on right now, has lots of multiheading support. The current 'preview'
edition doesn not do this, though. Man, multiheading on PCs is a real
can of worms... we'll do it as well as it can be done, though, and GGI
for other platforms that have less braindead hardware than PCs will be
able to be less constricted than the GGI for Linux/Intel.

Jon

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:38    [W:0.067 / U:0.040 seconds]