    SubjectRe: Adaptec AHA2940
    On Wed, 1 Jan 1997, lonnie wrote:

    > I have just installed a 2940 adapter in my system and installed slackware
    > 3.0 on my scsi drive connected to it. The install went smoothly but when i
    > booted it and tried to compile a kernel i got gpf's and kernel page request
    > errors and my system immediately locks solid. I have thorougly checked my
    > system and cant see a hardware problem to explain it. Ive been using the
    > scsi drive for a few months connected to an AHA1542 adapter without any
    > trouble. Is there a know bug with the driver for this card, and is there
    > a fix for it?

    I've been using an AHA2940 for ages, and it works fine. However, there are
    some problems with changing SCSI adapters, e.g. a harddisk formatted with
    an Adaptec controller sometimes won't work with a NCR controller, and vice
    If you have any other OSes installed, see if they can access everything.

     \ /
      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:38    [W:0.411 / U:11.996 seconds]