SubjectRe: How to increat max open files?
On Thu, 2 Jan 1997, Marko Sepp wrote:

> Try editing the /usr/include/linux/limits.h, simply change the value for
> open files and recompile the kernel.
>
> Marko

That's not very good advice.

Changing that value will cause programs that currently work fine
to break as they call 'getrlimit', get a larger number than before, and
assume they can safely select on that number of file descriptors. Of
course they can't because they were compiled with a smaller fd set size.

The right way to increase your linux files-per-process is widely
available and anyone who wants it can request a copy from me by email.
But still I'd love to see this done right in the release version of the
kernel.

DS

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:38    [W:0.590 / U:0.008 seconds]