SubjectRe: Jive -> Kernel (International Linux)
Date
> I thought about a text file, that would contain language-specific
> messages. Perhaps, it could be integrated with the linux kernel. I
> wouldn't mind the added size, but you could just disable it, too.
> The kernel would look for it at boot-time and would parse it, if present.

You could in theory maintain yourself a giant translation list and write
a tool that used sed to find all the printk( lines matching the translation
and edit them. You'll get caught by some macros and other stuff and the
sed stuff will eventually need to be a smart program in something like
perl.

That doesn't impact the kernel proper and its a convenient seperate project.

Alan

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:38    [W:0.045 / U:0.292 seconds]