SubjectRe: modutils, the next generation
Date
Followup to:  <199701151641.KAA13464@atheist.tamu.edu>
By author: Richard Henderson <richard@atheist.tamu.edu>
In newsgroup: linux.dev.kernel

> > There is another problem with kernel modules: they are not
> > self-contained, but are only part of what a device driver needs to
> > be. I have been meaning to write up a proposal for a "supermodule"
> > system to solve this, which would include additional components than
> > the kernel module proper.
>
> Eh? What, exactly, do you think is missing?

Quite a bit, mostly support for the user-level side of the device
management. I will finish my article rather than retyping from memory
here.

-hpa
--
This space intentionally has nothing but text explaining why this
space has nothing but text explaining that this space would otherwise

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:38    [W:0.058 / U:0.036 seconds]