SubjectRe: More cluuse, was: Re: Wierd IDE/Triton behavior
On Sat, 11 Jan 1997, Uwe Bonnes wrote:

> Hallo,
>
> could you please write a README how you did profiling on a kernel not
> compiled for profiling? I think, this can be usefull for others to, and
> could perhaps be added to the Linux-documentation directory.
>
> Bye
>
> Uwe Bonnes bon@elektron.ikp.physik.th-darmstadt.de

You just need to add 'profile=2' to your kernel's command line. The "2"
is the default value, and the configure help sais this about it:

This is used to adjust the granularity with which the addresses of
executed instructions get recorded in /proc/profile. But since you enabled
"Kernel profiling support", you must be a kernel hacker and hence you know
what this is about :-)

Bryn
--
PGP key pass phrase forgotten, \ Overload -- core meltdown sequence
again :( and I don't care ;) | initiated.
| blank, apart from this text ;-)

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:38    [W:0.029 / U:0.076 seconds]