    SubjectRe: more on AHA-2940UW vs. MSDOS file system

    >QUEUE FULL is a perfectly valid status for a drive to return. If a host
    >adapter's firmware or the driver's sequencer logic does not handle this
    >condition, then it ought not to be using tagged queuing at all. Assuming that
    >any specific number of outstanding commands will always be accepted is broken.

    I recognize that, however, what I should have mentioned in my last
    mail message is that the disk was returning SCSI command completions while
    still holding on the SCSI command and considering it to occupy a queued
    command slot. As a result, the number of tagged commands the SCSI driver
    thought it had outstanding did not agree with what the device had. I
    certainly had not expected this behaviour.

     \ /
      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:37    [W:0.034 / U:16.192 seconds]