    SubjectRe: Perl make depend made faster (fwd)
    Mr. Jolt Cola <> writes:

    >I wish you guys with Microsoft Fail would take pity on us unix slobs
    >and hold it to 80 chars per line. :P

    >> I know it would be far fetched to say that you know me, but I have NOT
    >> installed perl and I don't expect to. Over anything I favor c-programs and
    >> I never make anything else myself (including scripts).
    >> I think Linus' version of the make depend was a LOT better than anything else

    >I think Linus' version is great, but it does not mean that C is the
    >fastest, easiest, and probably most bug free way to accomplish a

    Maybe not, but it's the proper way to accomplish a *time-consuming* task.

    C is simply faster than Perl, and if speed wasn't important here, we would
    have stayed with AWK. So what?

    (BTW: The program is ugly, but *quite* portable)

    email: fax: +49-89-3244814

    In 1930 the first credit card was issued. People got
    a charge out of it.
    -- "On This Day in History"

     \ /
      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:37    [W:0.018 / U:18.668 seconds]