    SubjectRe: crashme crashes 2.0.20 with guarantee :-(

    I have dowloaded crashme at 10 bytes / second.
    Fortunately my system did not crash during the transfer. :)
    For the moment, crashme has been ran about 30 times with the suggested
    parameters and the suggested "ulimit". No crash, at least for my system.

    Boris: is there something more hard than I can try?

    Now I will try to run intense disk activity while crashme is trying to crash.

    On Mon, 16 Sep 1996, Linus Torvalds wrote:

    > On Mon, 16 Sep 1996, Boris Tobotras wrote:
    > >
    > > Static crashme-2.1 which I've used is accessible from
    > >
    > Thanks, tested, doesn't make any difference for me (height of arrogance:
    > I tried it logged in over the modem without any way to reboot the machine
    > if it had actually crashed anything). I used the parameters you supplied
    > in your previous mail:
    > ./crashme +2000 666 50 00:01:00 2
    > (and before running it I did a "ulimit -s 1000 -d 4000" to make sure it
    > didn't try to eat all my memory). I did a few other runs too, and the worst
    > I've seen has been that crashme eats a lot of memory.
    > Now, it would be interesting to have others running crashme too, and see if
    > there is some pattern to failures (specific configurations and/or CPU's or
    > whatever). For example, crashme _always_ succeeds to bring a machine down on
    > old i386 machines (the popad bug is fatal in protected mode) regardless of
    > OS.
    > Linus

     \ /
      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:38    [W:0.018 / U:70.144 seconds]