SubjectMemory testing program
> Does anybody on the kernel list know of a good test program that is generally
> available that can be left running over-night or similar? (Actually, if you
> are in a hot and humid area it's probably best left running over day, during
> the hottest hours). I'd think that if this is a memory problem it would show
> up under any reasonably good test if it can result in even four-bit errors..

The memtest86 program seems to be a fine package. It even uses a portion of the
kernel's boot code to get itself running.. slap it on a disk, slap it in your
machine and let it roll. I don't know how hard it hits the memory, but it
looked like a pretty decent memory tester.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:38    [W:0.089 / U:2.572 seconds]