SubjectRe: sound driver + memcpy patch = problem
I had the same problem compiling, but I went a different route, I
compiled the sound driver into the kernel, not as a module, and it
finally compiled properly. Still, there _is_ a problem. I would
prefer to have my sound as a module...

---russ

Michel LESPINASSE wrote:

> There is a problem with the latest kernels and the memcpy patch.
> kernels 2.0.18 were fine, but 2.0.19 and 2.0.20 cannot compile their
> sound drivers if I also add in the pentium memcpy patch
>
> I get a lot of linking errors like this :
> sequencer.o(.text+0x243b): undefined reference to `__generic_memcpy_fromfs'
> sequencer.o(.text+0x24af): undefined reference to `__generic_memcpy_tofs'
>
> I can compile this newer kernels if I disable the pentium memcpy
> routine - I mean, I let the patch in, but I say "no" in my make xconfig
>
> I think this is only that some headers for the sound driver are different
> that those of the rest of the kernel.... probably I could track down the
> error, but I will easyly spend an afternoon on this. So I just hope that
> Hannu will know what changed before 2.0.19, and it will change that back
> in a few seconds :) but if this problem persists in the next kernel or if
> someone asks me to track it down, i'll do it myself :)
>
> Michel "Walken" LESPINASSE - Student at Ecole Centrale Paris (France)
> www Email : walken@via.ecp.fr
> (o o) Http : www.via.ecp.fr/~walken/

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:38    [W:0.045 / U:1.156 seconds]