    SubjectRe: Sleeping

    In article <>, Colten Edwards <> writes:
    > I haven't been able to find this anywhere, but I need to know what a good
    > way to sleep within a kernel module is. I found something called
    > lcdpanel-0.50.tar.gz on sunsite and have made the LCD device and compiled
    > the module, but I noticed that the module uses for (t=0; t <3000; t++) ;
    > for sleeping which is not a good way to wait in the kernel, so I'd like
    > to replace it. I tried usleep but that's a lib function so is unsuitable.
    > The function is called thusly,
    > static int lcd_write (struct inode *inode, struct file *file, const char
    > *buf, int count)

    I have done a lot of clean-ups on that code, I still have som trouble
    to resolve conserning the 4-bit mode of the LCD display. But I think
    it has gotten much better. I'm afraid the web page and documentation
    (what little there is) is in Norwegian. If you need it I could translate
    what you need. Take a look at :
    There you will find the most recent version: lcd_drive-0.2.tgz.

    BTW: I use the udelay() function to sleep...

     \ /
      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:38    [W:0.020 / U:12.424 seconds]