       Date: 	Tue, 06 Aug 1996 19:42:55 -0400
    From: "Darrin R. Smith" <>

    I am having some trouble with a custom serial port setup on
    my machine. Specifically, I have a mouse on cua0(com1), modem on
    cua1(com2), and a Sparc IPC connected to cua3(com4) for use as the
    console. The setup is as follows:

    cua0 0x3f8 4 16550A
    cua1 0x2f8 3 16550A
    cua3 0x2e8 5 16550A

    The problem is that new characters arriving on cua3 are not
    generating any interrupts as can be seen in /proc/interrupts:

    I have been setting the parameters on this port using setserial
    for quite a while and I can't seem to get it to work. I also recompiled
    minicom suspecting that something might have broke between 1.2.13 and
    now, but it didn't have any effect.

    It sounds like you didn't set the dip switch settings on your COM4 board
    to actually use IRQ 5. You realize that you have to change more than
    just the settiongs in rc.serial and setserial, right? You actually have
    to configure the hardware to use IRQ 5.....

    - Ted

     \ /
      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:38    [W:0.016 / U:13.928 seconds]