SubjectRe: What process is on which processor (SMP)
Date
> Is it possible to see what processor is handling which processes with
> Linux SMP. The ideal thing would be to have another column in top which
> lists what processor a processes is running on, but I am wondering if
> their is any kernel support for this?

I don't think this would be a good feature for top. On a SMP Linux machine
processes may float from one processor to another though for better
performance the scheduler attempts to do this as few as possible.

Such a feature will later on when the scheduler has more special SMP
support like reserving CPUs for certain priviledged processes.

Ralf

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:38    [W:0.087 / U:4.380 seconds]