    SubjectRe: 2.0.3 ghost reboot
    On Sun, 7 Jul 1996, Alan Cox wrote:

    > > Yesterday I installed 2.0.3 on my system. Before I went to bed I stopped
    > > my PPP connection and left X running as usual. When I woke up this
    > > morning Linux had mysteriously rebooted. No record of what happened in
    > > any log. All of my mount points came up dirty and had to be rechecked.
    > > This has *never* happened before.
    > >
    > > Looks like a bug somewhere to me. 2.0.0 did not experience this problem.
    > Could also be a power spike. Did anything or anyone else see a power spike (the
    > uptime will let you work out when it might have been).

    I have seen silent reboot with a bad cache module. Although it was with
    SMP linux. This was the infamous TYAN bug btw. They admit having problem
    with the 512k cache module.

    Jacques Gelinas (
    Linuxconf: The ultimate administration system for Linux.

     \ /
      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:38    [W:0.018 / U:4.080 seconds]