SubjectRe: FW: HPDA Disk Array Mylex Corp.
  Date: 	Thu, 04 Jul 1996 13:37:05 -0400
From: "Steven N. Hirsch" <hirsch@uvm-gen.emba.uvm.edu>

Bryn Paul Arnold Jones wrote:

> On Thu, 4 Jul 1996, Stramaglia, Carlo wrote:
>

> > Dear all,
> >
> > Thanks for the advice sent, but the answer of Mylex has closed the argoment.
> >
> > Ciao
> >

> Dosn't stop you (someone) requesting the technical specs, and doing your
> own (it's much the same with all the drivers so ...)
> Bryn

If my experiences with Mylex are any example, you might as well pound sand.
They are one of the most cretinous outfits that I've ever dealt with.

Good luck, though!

Interesting. It may surprise you to know then that I already have a copy of
the interface documentation for the DAC960 boards. The product manager I met
with at Mylex seemed reasonably interested in seeing a Linux driver happen, but
it did take him several weeks to get me a copy of the technical info. What I
haven't had time to do yet is fully assess whether I want to work on a Linux
driver or not. Now that 2.0 is out, I hope to have some more time to
investigate this question. With RAID products like this, the software one uses
to control the board is also very important, since we lose a lot of the
benefits if we cannot handle configuration from within Linux as well.

Leonard

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:38    [W:0.053 / U:0.292 seconds]