SubjectRe: ATAPI CDROM kernel problems
> > Can somebody PLEASE give me a CLUE?!?!?
>
> I need one too. I have a Mitsumi Quad Speed, plugged into the IDE port of my
> Soundblaster AWE32 PnP. I initialize the soundcard using Intel's Plug and
> Pray driver, then reboot into Linux. The sound works, but I haven't been
> able to get the triple damned IDE channel to work. If I specify it, it says
> that it's already in use, *or* goes ahead and allocates it, but won't let me
> set /dev/hd? (where ? is c, d, e, etc.) to be a CDROM, saying the "port is
> in use." So either I'm screwed once, or I'm screwed twice. :)
>
> I'm starting to think that this is a major kernel screwup. If you get any
> information, please send it my way while I still have some hair left. :)
>
> Regards.

Is the info in the IDE documentation about the tertiary port any help?

Oh, try using isapnptools so you don't have to boot DOS :-)

--
Andrew E. Mileski
mailto:aem@ott.hookup.net My home page http://www.redhat.com/~aem/

Red Hat Software sponsors these pages - I have no other affilitation
with Red Hat Software, and I have never used any of their products.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:38    [W:0.280 / U:0.364 seconds]