SubjectRe: ATAPI CDROM kernel problems
Date

> Greetings:
> I have not had any problems of this sort with version Linux 1.2.8! When I did
> a clean install of Linux 1.2.13, I could see my CDROM on my secondary EIDE channel.
> When I tried to rebuild my kernel with ISO9660, EIDE/ATAPI CDROM support, I could
> no longer access my CDROM from Linux's new kernel! I can reuse my original that I
> stealthfully archived, but that doesn't fix the main problem. I've got a Mitsami
> QuadSpeed.
>
> Can somebody PLEASE give me a CLUE?!?!?

I need one too. I have a Mitsumi Quad Speed, plugged into the IDE port of my
Soundblaster AWE32 PnP. I initialize the soundcard using Intel's Plug and
Pray driver, then reboot into Linux. The sound works, but I haven't been
able to get the triple damned IDE channel to work. If I specify it, it says
that it's already in use, *or* goes ahead and allocates it, but won't let me
set /dev/hd? (where ? is c, d, e, etc.) to be a CDROM, saying the "port is
in use." So either I'm screwed once, or I'm screwed twice. :)

I'm starting to think that this is a major kernel screwup. If you get any
information, please send it my way while I still have some hair left. :)

Regards.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:38    [W:0.056 / U:2.668 seconds]