SubjectRe: Out of memory for ... - suggestion
On Fri, 26 Jul 1996, David Fries wrote:
> > (Of course it would still be nice if we can handle "out of VM"
> > situations more gracefully than we do it now, but this has been
> > discussed many times already...)
> I would agree that running out of memory needs to be handeled better.

Is it possible to add a config option for disabling virtual memory over-
commitment and therefore disabling the need to kill random processes?

Thanks! I would like to have one, so I can trust my system again...

Best Regards,

Bernhard Kaindl

| Bernhard Kaindl, author of the prototype for linux xconfig and menu- |
| config, kmenu, which showed how to write a menu based kernel config |
| which generates menus from the standard linux kernel config scripts. |
| Email: bartelt@computerhaus.at, lupus@sbox.tu-graz.ac.at |

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:38    [W:0.054 / U:0.280 seconds]