SubjectThis is really Ridiculous

I thought that the 2.0.x series kernels were supposed to be stable, but
unfortunately every other version with the exception of 2.0.0 has had some
lame bug -- on my computer either the cdrom driver or the sound driver. It
would be nice if those of us out their in kernel land could stick to a
consistent numbering system . . . I know you guys are working for free,
but I also know that you all are far from incompetent. In my opinion the
2.1.x series should of been started paralell to the 2.0.x series.

So can we get this straight, are kernels with even second clause revision
numbers going to be stable or what, we should not go back to those days of
kernel releases every day for a supposedly stable kernel!

JW

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:38    [W:0.060 / U:0.572 seconds]