SubjectRe: Linux/AXP keyboard not responding (PATCH)
Date
In article <199607251930.VAA06796@informatik.uni-koblenz.de>,
Systemkennung Linux <linux@informatik.uni-koblenz.de> wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>> I patched drivers/char/keyboard.c not to just give up after an error; I
>> don't think this breaks anything, it just gives some more errors than
>> usual when there really isn't a keyboard connected. At least now I can
>> use the console keyboard again.
>
>Your patch looks broken to me. The initialization routine should return
>with the interrupt flags in the same state as they were on entry.

Huh? I just ifdeffed _out_ some return()s, so it shouldn't hurt. If
I had _added_ some return's in the middle of the function that might
be a problem.

>I had the same problem also with some of the MIPS machines I ported Linux
>too. As it looks the keyboard doesn't like when itwhen the processor
>talks to it too soon after the reset. A delay of about 20 microseconds
>seems to be enough to fix the problem. The MIPS boxes so far could
>also live without the keyboard reset. Maybe someone can state why this
>keyboard reset was added?

Yeah I hope someone more knowledgeable looks into this. It should be
fixed, but perhaps not the way I did it :)

Mike.
--
Miquel van | Cistron Internet Services -- Alphen aan den Rijn.
Smoorenburg, | mailto:info@cistron.nl http://www.cistron.nl/

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:37    [W:0.068 / U:0.376 seconds]