SubjectRe: Alternate solutions (Was: Re: NFS still has caching problem)
Date
Hi,

> Because you want to cooperate with other machines in a
> networked environment. Either you would provide implementations (and
> maybe binaries) of your filesystem for various unix dialects and even
> Windows or you're simply cut off :-(

We surely need NFS for compatibility with the rest of the world, but it
doesn't mean we should use it for ever. If the new file system will prove
its usefullness, it will be surely implemented on other architectures as lots
of people are not happy with Sun NFS and are waiting for some better standard.

Martin

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:38    [W:0.044 / U:0.596 seconds]