SubjectRe: SB16 Sound driver problem
On Sat, 20 Jul 1996, Herbert Rosmanith wrote:

> > sb: Interrupt test on IRQ10 failed - device disabled
>
> are you booting from ms/dos with a different irq for your sb16 ?
> that's a possible explanation. try using the same irq in both
> ms/dos and linux. or, use an irq < 10 (i.e. 7), maybe you then
> have less problems.
This could propably help. SB16 has software configurable IRQ and DMA
numbers. However there are some problems with it with it with oldest SB16
models. The IRQ selection seem to be locked after the setup register has
been written first time. If it has been configured to use another IRQ
under DOS, Linux may fail changing the register properly.

In the oldest SB16 models there is a jumper for setting the IRQ. I don't
know how the software IRQ setup works with these cards. Possibly the
software setup is just ignored and the card uses always the jumpered value.

Best regards,

Hannu
Hannu Savolainen (hannu@voxware.pp.fi, hannu@4front-tech.com)
http://personal.eunet.fi/pp/voxware/hannu.html (my home page)
http://www.4Front-Tech.com/uss.html (UNIX Sound System (USS))
http://personal.eunet.fi/pp/voxware (USS Lite/TASD/VoxWare)

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:38    [W:0.129 / U:1.612 seconds]