SubjectRe: _My_ turn for a 2.1 wishlist
Date
Michael Chastain wrote:

> Please don't touch ext2fs. Make a new all-singing all-dancing ext3fs if
> you want. I like my stable ext2fs file system.

Uhuh ? Linux 2.1 (like 1.1 and 1.3 before) will be made to add
new features, even if that makes the system unstable. Of course, this does
not mean that future development will make ext2fs unstable, but the risk
exists :-) If this is a problem for you, you'd better stay with 2.0.x,
and wait for the next stable version (2.2 ? 3.0 ?).

I will definitely not create another filesystem to implement new
features: lots of features have been planned for ext2fs since the very
beginning and have not been implemented yet, and Ted has implemented some
cool compatibility features that make extension of Ext2fs easy. There no
point, IMO, in freezing Ext2fs and starting to develop yet another file
system, when we can extend the current Ext2fs.

Remy

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:38    [W:0.104 / U:0.292 seconds]