    SubjectStrange SCSI behavior in 2.0.7
    I have a P-75 with 3 IDE hard drives, and Adaptec 1542 scsi controler
    connected to a Philips CDD 522 CDR. I built the 2.0.7 kernel with no
    problems, booted up, and have been running for several days with no real
    problems. However, I began to notice stalls in various places and under
    different conditions. I finaly noticed that whenever a stall would happen,
    the activity light on the CD would blink, blink, blink. If I were trying
    to access something off the CD I wouldn't be surprised, but I'm not. The
    CD is mounted on /cdrom. I have had the stall/blink,blink happen in the
    following situations:

    less /etc/modules
    blink, blink, blink
    <listing>

    While in Midnight Commander
    at the prompt:
    df
    <listins>
    press any key to continue...
    <keypress>
    blink, blink, blink
    mc window refresh..

    pppd
    blink, blink, blink
    <prompt returns>
    <chat dials out>
    ------------------------------------ end examples ---------------

    Now, none of this is anything more than mildly aggrivating, but it bothers
    me that this activity is occuring. None of the trigger events have
    anything remotely to do with the SCSI subsystem or the CD. What is causing
    these unwarranted accesses to the CD?

    Any ideas?

    Dwarf

    aka Dale Scheetz Phone: 1 (904) 877-0257
    Flexible Software Fax: NONE
    Black Creek Critters e-mail: dwarf@polaris.net

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:37    [W:0.034 / U:0.396 seconds]