SubjectRe: Not a bible thumper. . .
Date
Lo and indeed Systemkennung Linux sayeth in the text...

[those who are parod-ically impaired must realize this above is known as a joke]

# Hi,

#>I just did a few 'find's because I was curious.. I'm not suggesting that we
#>change these, just something to chew on. The only one that reaches the user is
#>the UFS driver.

# ["fuck"-ing sources deleted]

# I you have ever spent some night tracking bugs you'd know that the skill
# that all programmers share is swearing. These sources are just like live
# and I don't intend to waste a second just to make 'em political correct.

It sounds to me like you a spent very late night writing this.

I refuse to believe that the one skill I share with all my compatriots in
cryptitudinous constellationizing (**) is that they can use four heavily
meaningless and overused words in something someone just called a "skillful"
manner. I know of no such "skill" there that my friends desire to envy either.

I say lots of interesting long and creative curses, epithets and even a
few of the four words at my CRT when debugging late into the night. I
don't consider them to be my best or even a typical snippet of my
speech, as emotional as they definately are.

# Ralf (Whose best comments luckily never got published ...)

What makes the use of "fuck" "shit" "asshole" etc... skillful, anyway?
Go ride the 15 bus on a saturday night and you'll hear lots of "skill" I
suppose.

(More creative uses of these four words form your "Best" comments?)

I don't know about you, but being able to shock the very SMALL (i.e. not big)
number of people who are completely shocked by the four Great Words is not a
skill at all... but the random semblance of it. Any desire to shock and
shock and shock instead of say something is not politically correct, but is
a plethora of oversupplied un-creativity.

Push the envelope. Use a wider realm of ideas and tastes. More folks will
listen to us than the folks who love those four words. (Most don't type.)

[** "Code arranging." I make no claims to be using actual English(tm) words or
phrases, but I attempt to use them on the TV. The case has scuff marks now.
(Ahh there's a hacker skill which started long ago, imaginary vocaulary.)]

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:37    [W:0.177 / U:0.044 seconds]